What can I do if I went to a salon for upper lip wax but they burned it?

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 20, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I went to a salon for upper lip wax but they burned it?

I have marks over my upper lip. They want to make the settlement without me suing them. How much should I charge them? I don’t know the estimates from a doctor.

Asked on June 20, 2014 under Personal Injury, California


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

At this point, it would be premature to settle the case because you don't yet know the amount of your medical bills, compensation for pain and suffering and if applicable wage loss.

You should contact the salon's insurance carrier and inform it in writing that you are filing a personal injury claim.

When you complete your medical treatment and are released by the doctor or are declared by the doctor to be permanent and stationary which means having reached a point in your medical treatment where no further improvement is anticipated, obtain your medical bills, medical reports and documentation of any wage loss.

Your personal injury claim filed with the salon's insurance carrier should include these items.  Compensation for the medical bills is straight reimbursement.  The medical reports will document the nature and extent of your injury and will be used to determine compensation for pain and suffering which is an amount in addition to the medical bills. If you are left with scars or need plastic surgery, that will mean additional compensation for pain and suffering beyond the pain and suffering from the initial burn injury. Compensation for wage loss is straight reimbursement.

If the case is settled with the salon's insurance carrier, NO lawsuit is filed.  If you are dissatisfied with settlement offers from the salon's insurance carrier, reject the settlement offers and file a lawsuit for negligence against the salon.

If the case is NOT settled with the salon's insurance carrier, your lawsuit against the salon for negligence must be filed prior to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations or you will lose your rights forever in the matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption