What would be the safest way to contract the heirs of a deceased claimant owed escheat property?

UPDATED: Nov 5, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What would be the safest way to contract the heirs of a deceased claimant owed escheat property?

Gentleman died 12 years ago; his wife died 11 years ago. At first I thought he only had 1 heir but now I think it’s 2 or 3.

Asked on November 5, 2011 under Estate Planning, Delaware


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

There are companies that you can find online whose business locates and tracks down lost heirs. That would be he first step I would do after I did my own general online search. Another option is to contact your local bar association for leads on reputable people or companies that assist in tracking lost heirs and relatives. 

Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption