What to do about a resisting arrest charge?

UPDATED: Sep 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 12, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do about a resisting arrest charge?

I was trying to get into my house and a window broke. When the window broke, my wrist ended up getting cut. The police came because someone thought I was a burglar and they kept asking me if I was high. I told them no and they started going through some things on my porch, which is enclosed. I told them they couldn’t do that and they continued to search. After that, they tried taking my purse but I wouldn’t let go. They told me they were going to charge me with resisting arrest. What should I do since they found paraphanelia?

Asked on September 12, 2012 under Criminal Law, Nebraska


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Given the situation that you have written about where you have been arrested for a criminal matter, I suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney to assist you in your defense. It is not my call to advise you if law enforcement was justified in arresting you for resisting arrest. Rather, such is something that your criminal defense attorney needs to do in planning your defense to the charge against you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption