What to do if I was sued for selling a used phone but had proof that it was new when I sold it?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was sued for selling a used phone but had proof that it was new when I sold it?

The plantiff also had 14 days return policy or 1 year manufacturere warranty if he had any problems but he did not use any of those avenues. I had very good evidence but I was sick and missed my court date due to taking medication and overslept. Now I have a judgement against the business. What is my recourse?

Asked on October 21, 2013 under Business Law, Oregon


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hello. Your issues are complex in nature. Please seek attorney counsel from an attorney licensed in your state. There are many questions to be addressed. Know that you face time deadlines for action and you can expect that you will lose certain rights should you fail to act in a timely manner to address the present legal issues. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily



Minnesota Law Firm

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption