Was it proper for a police officer to strand me on side of the road without any way to get a ride if I was partially disabled at the time?

UPDATED: Oct 15, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Was it proper for a police officer to strand me on side of the road without any way to get a ride if I was partially disabled at the time?

I drive a moped because of a lose of license. I was stopped by a police officer. who impounded my moped and wrote me 2 tickets for no moped license and no insurance. I’m disabled due to recovering from back surgery. I told him this and asked him if he could call someone because my phone was dead. He then told me no. I asked him if he expected me to have to walk to the nearest gas station, which was over a mile away, with my bad back? He said it was either that or go to jail. After walking that distance I now I’m having to use a cane to get around and some times I can’t even get out of bed. His making me walk has set me back weeks of recovery, maybe months.

Asked on October 15, 2013 under Personal Injury, South Carolina


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello. Further details need to be known, so I urge you to confer privately with an attorney with no delay to seek a legal opinion and counsel. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily



Minnesota Law Firm



IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption