Where do I go or who do I call if I was molested countless times from the age of 6 to 13 by my grandfather?

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 3, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Where do I go or who do I call if I was molested countless times from the age of 6 to 13 by my grandfather?

I started refusing to go near him around within the last year, which is when he tried to do something with my older sister. She told our parents and they all realized why I had refused to be near him. After that, the only thing they did was not allow him on our property anymore. He lives down the road from us. I haven’t known what to do since I was a kid, however he recently has become a deacon of a church and I just know he’s doing it to get the trust of parents with children. My family won’t help me; they want to forget. Where do I do and how much will it cost?

Asked on July 3, 2014 under Criminal Law, Alabama


M.T.G., Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

You are a very brave person and your strength and caring about others should be commended.  Will your sister back you up here?  It will help with the long road you have to travel.  You can go to the police or sheriff but you can also report the abuse directly to the Alabama Department of Human Resources. Here is the link:


Now, you need to get help for yourself. Here is a link to start:

https://www.childrensal.org/CHIPS and 


I would also speak with the pastor of the church.  The "confession" is confidential. Good luck to you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption