What can I do if I was injured on the job from a fall when the back of my chair snapped off?

UPDATED: Dec 12, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 12, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What can I do if I was injured on the job from a fall when the back of my chair snapped off?

I went to the urgent care immediately. I suffered injury to my neck and back due to the awkward position that I fell. I also had bruising and some abrasions and cuts. The chair that broke was the subject of a recall and the company was fined by the government for the defect. I attempted to pursued legal action against the chair company. I spoke to many attorneys in several states. I was told that no one is taking cases against this company because the recall was too long ago and the window to fill a claim had passed. L and I closed my case even though I still had pain. I used much of my sick time due to going to PT and chiro. Can I sue my employer for not responding?

Asked on December 12, 2013 under Personal Injury, Washington


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Since you were injured on the job, you can file a workers' compensation claim with your employer which will compensate you for the medical bills and your injury.  The workers' compensation system is an alternative to filing a lawsuit against your employer for a work-related injury.

Your emploiyer's human resources department will have the documents for you to file your workers' compensation claim.  It would also be advisable to speak with a workers' compensation attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption