I was in auto accident in January 2009. Was rear ended, her ins co has accepted liability.

Get Legal Help Today

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was in auto accident in January 2009. Was rear ended, her ins co has accepted liability.

The other ins co has contacted me several times trying to get me to settle. I have $8000 in medical bills so far. Can you tell me how should I respond to the ins co when asked the amount I am willing to settle for.? Is there a rule of thumb I can use to come up with a fair figure? Thank you

Asked on April 14, 2009 under Accident Law, Indiana


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

No one should or could tell you this as we do not serve as your legal counsel and do not know all of your issues:

1. Medical bills (past, present, future).

2. Pain and Suffering

3. Damage to car and age of car etc.

4. Missed work, etc.

5. Misc costs.

Consult with an attorney in your state specializing in personal injury.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

 Secured with SHA-256 Encryption