What are my rights if I was in an automobile accident after leaving work?

UPDATED: Jan 31, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 31, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What are my rights if I was in an automobile accident after leaving work?

A snow plow driver backed into me at full force as I was I parked (waiting for him and another car to move) but instead he backed into me. He claimed that we were on private property and isn’t entitled to anything. My car is not driveable. I do not have the money to pay for a rental car for almost a month, or to pay the dedcutible of 1,000 right away either. What should I do?

Asked on January 31, 2014 under Accident Law, Michigan


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

I suggest that you consult with your insurance agent regarding the policy for your car to see what type of coverage that you have on it. Possibly you might have a rental coverage regarding it which would allow you a rental car while your own vehicle is getting repaired.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption