If I was in a car accident about 1 1/2 years ago and since then I have had lower back problems, how much should I settle for?

UPDATED: Aug 21, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was in a car accident about 1 1/2 years ago and since then I have had lower back problems, how much should I settle for?

I was the passenger and was starting to get out of my car when It was hit by a truck. I wrenched my back while trying to get away from the door, back into the car when I saw him coming. I have released my medical info from 5 years ago to present to them but they still only want to pay the $10,000. I have had a couple of MRI’s done and have been seeing a pain management doctor every 2 months and have had to get shots in my lower back for pain relief. I now draw disability for my injurys and will have to live with this the rest of my life.

Asked on August 21, 2012 under Personal Injury, Arkansas


Robert Slim / Robert C. Slim - Attorney at Law

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you are not represented by an attorney, then I do not see the settlement offer going up significantly.  The insurance company is not especially worried about a claim from an unrepresented person since they know you probably will not file a lawsuit to further enforce your rights.  It's like bringing an knife to a gun-fight.  If your accident occurred in Texas, then your best bet is to consult with a Texas personal injury attorney.  Otherwise, you need to contact an attorney in the state where the accident occurred.  I do not suggest you wait any longer to consult with a lawyer.  The closer you get to the 2-year deadline, the less appealing your case looks to an attorney if you later decide to retain one.

If you are interested, I offer a free legal consultation so that you can get your questions answered by an experienced lawyer.  Robert C. Slim, Attorney at Law, (214) 321-8225.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption