What to do if I was hurt outside of work and my employer refused to let me see a doctor?

UPDATED: Jun 27, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was hurt outside of work and my employer refused to let me see a doctor?

I was refused medical attention the following day after a hit and run. I later found out i had a concussion. I told my employer I needed to go to the hospital and they told me I couldn’t or I’d be terminated. Finally a customer at my work pulled me aside and took me to the hospital. They made me work with a concussion which is completly unsafe.

Asked on June 27, 2012 under Personal Injury, Washington


William Hayes / The Hayes Law Firm

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

It is difficult to ascertain from your question whether you were hurt while in the scope of your employment or if the injury occurred from a hit-and-run, to use your words "outside of work". Another issue to consider is if you own and insure your own car do you have a uninsured motorist provision that covers you in a hit-and-run situation? Long story short you need to contact a local personal injury attorney that also handles employment matters. If you need help finding one that is what I do 24/7 as the owner and founder of DreamLegalTeam. Initial consultations on personal injury matters are free. Please reach out to me if you would like my help.

 All the best,

Bill Hayes


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption