If I was hit by a school bus, should I see them to pay for my car?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I was hit by a school bus, should I see them to pay for my car?

Yesterday, as I was going home a bus made a narrow fast left turn. As I saw the bus approaching, I stopped abut the bus continued and hit my front driver seat all the way to my side the driver’s seat. My father and I were in the car and the doctors say we have some internal bruises. My car was totaled.

Asked on January 18, 2017 under Personal Injury, Arizona


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

The property damage claim for your car is separate from the personal injury claims of you and your father. If the claims are settled with the insurance carrier for the school district, NO lawsuit is filed.
If settlement offers are unsatisfactory, reject them and file a lawsuit for negligence against the school district.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption