I was Fired.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was Fired.

I asked the District manage to have my boss not talk about my
health issues to the employees, this caused hardship between
us and five month later I was fired. I was with the company 7
years and have never been written up.Is this legal?

Asked on May 10, 2017 under Employment Labor Law, Arizona


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

If you were terminated because you had health issues, you may have suffered illegal disability-based discrimination and may have a claim for compensation: if you believe the existence of your condition(s) contributed or led to the termination, contact the federal EEOC to discuss filing a complaint.
If the termination was not because of the conditions themselves, then you would not have a viable claim; the termination must have been due to you having some medical condition and/or not being given a "reasonable accommodation" (IF you requested one, and it truly was, under the circumstances and nature of your job, reasonable)  for it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption