What to do if I was misdiagnosed by a radiologist 2 times?

UPDATED: Mar 14, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 14, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was misdiagnosed by a radiologist 2 times?

I was told that I had a cyst in my left breast. The “cyst” grew larger so I went in a third time (about two years after the original diagnosis) and got a different radiologist who did a biopsy. The next week, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was stage 2B and it spread to my lymph nodes. I was just 32 years old. I had to have a mastectomy, 16 rounds of chemo, and 25 rounds of radiation. I feel that the misdiagnosis made my case more severe. Do I have a case for medical malpractice?

Asked on March 14, 2013 under Malpractice Law, California


Catherine Blackburn / Blackburn Law Firm

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

In all likelihood you have a meritorious case for malpractice.  You should consult several malpractice attorneys in your area right away and choose the attorney you are most comfortable with.  This is a serious misdiagnosis with extremely serious consequences.  Please do not delay in seeking all the compensation you are entitled to receive.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption