I was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest this was a long time ago can I get the charges expunged?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest this was a long time ago can I get the charges expunged?

About 10 to 12 years ago I was charged with resisting arrest and disorderly
conduct can I get this taken off my record?

Asked on January 14, 2017 under Criminal Law, Delaware


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

My research suggests that in DE, for misdemeanor convictions (which is what I assume these are), the only way to have your record "expunged"(i.e. cleared) is to apply for a pardon. If you recieve a pardon by the Governor, you may then petition for what is called "discretionary expungement". At this point, you shoud consult directly with a criminal al wattoreny who can best advise you as to specific state law.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption