What to do if I was caught drinking at 18 on the day of my birthday?

UPDATED: Oct 6, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 6, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was caught drinking at 18 on the day of my birthday?

I was on campus and was followed by a woman who did not announce who she was or what her title was at the college. I was with my boyfriend who told me to go to my room so I did; upon going to my room I laid down in my bed. A few minutes later someone knocked on the door; I did not answer. This woman then proceeded to unlock my door without saying a word and tried to talk to me. I didn’t want to talk to her, so I just rolled over and tried to go to sleep. After this happened, she called the ambulance and police officers. I had to take a breathalyzer test and the medic stated that I just needed to sleep it off. They asked me if I was okay and asked me a lot of questions that I answered correctly.

Asked on October 6, 2013 under Criminal Law, West Virginia


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If they did not report this to police, you will not be charged with a crime.  However, there may be some disciplinary procedure on campus and they may file something there and you may receive some sort of citation.  If this is a first time offense the punishment will probably be mild.  All you can do is wait and see what happens.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption