What to do if I was accused of hitting a parked car last year but had no prior knowledge of this incident until about week ago?

UPDATED: Dec 31, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 31, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I was accused of hitting a parked car last year but had no prior knowledge of this incident until about week ago?

The police report says my car hit another car and 2 males exited the car; I’m a female. I did not lend my car to anyone and my car had no damage to it the next morning. My car was however totaled in an accident the day in a completely different accident for which I was not found to be at fault.

Asked on December 31, 2013 under Accident Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Given the serious nature of the matter that you have written about, I suggest that you immediately place your insurance carrier on notice that you are being accused of hitting a parked vehicle with your former car. I also suggest that you consult with a criminal defense attorney in your locality. One can be found on attorneypages.com.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption