What to do if I want to remove myself from an LLC?

UPDATED: Dec 3, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 3, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I want to remove myself from an LLC?

We started the company almost 2 years ago. It has debt right now but the potential of being profitable. I am not concerned about the debt nor the company but my partner who owns 50% won’t talk to me. I just want out and not to be liable for the debt. Is there an easy way out?

Asked on December 3, 2013 under Business Law, Colorado


Anne Brady / Law Office of Anne Brady

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

If your partner agrees, generally all you have to do is file an amendment or charge of members, listing the remaining partner as the only member going forward.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption