i want to divorce my husband but do not want child support how can i do this in the state of south carolina

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jun 8, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

i want to divorce my husband but do not want child support how can i do this in the state of south carolina

Asked on June 8, 2009 under Family Law, South Carolina


J.V., Member, New Jersey Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

what I understand you to be saying is that you want a divorce and want your husband not to pay you child support. Now depending on the reason why you want this it will determine how easy this ends up being.  Unfortunately divorce is not a black and white area of law. In order to determine who pays or doesn't pay what etc etc facts circumstances and the past all come into play

What I advise you do is contact a local attorney who you will be comfortable dealing with. Than they can get a better understanding of your specific situation and at that point advise you as to whether your desires are attainable and if so the steps needed to make it happen. Good luck

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption