If I tripped and fell while walking into work, would that still be covered by worker’s comp?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I tripped and fell while walking into work, would that still be covered by worker’s comp?

I was walking into work and I stepped up on the curb and slipped on the yellow caution paint because it had sprinkled earlier in the day. I sprang my knee bruised my ribs and fractured my wrist. The company i work for told me not to return until i could work without the splint on my wrist. I tried getting released today but was told that they couldn’t see me because it seemed like a worker’s comp case.

Asked on January 26, 2019 under Personal Injury, Florida


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

Since you were on your way to work when you were injured, you have a worker's compensation claim. If you are unable to file your worker's compensation claim due to your employer, your attorney will take appropriate legal action against the company.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption