What to do if I spun out on a slick road, hit a guard rail and was then ticketed?

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I spun out on a slick road, hit a guard rail and was then ticketed?

It was 5am; nobody else was on the road. A security officer from the apartment complex across the street came and asked if I was okay, I said yes and he left. He came back, turns out he is a volunteer for the police department. He called county without my consent and they came. I got a ticket for violation of speed – too fast for conditions. Can I fight this?

Asked on October 19, 2013 under Accident Law, Michigan


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

Hello. You should have attorney assistance. Your attorney will study the facts of the case, the evidence, then advise you.  Choose an attorney licensed in your state. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily



Minnesota Law Firm





IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption