What recourse do I have if I sold a snowmobile and a trailer to a friend but he now doesn’t want to pay me full price?

UPDATED: Mar 30, 2014

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 30, 2014Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What recourse do I have if I sold a snowmobile and a trailer to a friend but he now doesn’t want to pay me full price?

I told him the price was $10,500. The sled was out of state so he had it picked up and brought to his home. He then paid me $10,000, shorting me $500. He now says that he agreed to pay me what it was worth and he considers it worth only 10,000. I have the titles and do not plan on signing them over until he pays in full. Communication has stopped for the last 2 weeks.

Asked on March 30, 2014 under Business Law, Nevada


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 8 years ago | Contributor

If you and your friend cannot work out the problem on your own your recourse for the $500.00 owed you is to file a small claims action in your local court house and let a small claims court judge decide what you are owed.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption