I slipped and fell and broke my back in my own home my home owners insurance send I had no claim

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I slipped and fell and broke my back in my own home my home owners insurance send I had no claim

It’s been almost 3 years ago and I’m still
struggling with health issues related to this
and I was told My homeowner’s policy was liable
to pay personal injury even know it was myself

Asked on November 10, 2017 under Personal Injury, Ohio


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

No, unfortunately you are incorrect. The liability portion of homeowner's insurance protects you from being liable to *other* people, the same as the liability portion of automobile insurance protects you from having to pay for injuries to other people or damage to their cars. Neither type of insurance protects *you* from injuries: the purpose and intent is to, as stated, protect you from when other people sue you when they are injured. For an injury to yourself, you need to look to your health insurance or if you'd had any disability insurance.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption