What to do if I signed a move out agreement that the apartment is not honoring?

UPDATED: Feb 15, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Feb 15, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I signed a move out agreement that the apartment is not honoring?

My leasing office gave me a dated agreement that I signed and gave back. Turns out they dated it wrong but we had already made financial decisions. Can we still hold to the original agreement of the incorrect date they wrote in?

Asked on February 15, 2012 under Real Estate Law, California


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If there simply is some scribner's error regarding the date of move out concerning the rental that you are writing about and the leasing office and you are in agreement that the date is incorrect but all else concerning the agreement is fine, simply take the agreement back to the leasing office and have the date corrected by an edit initialed by you and a representative of the leasing office.

If not, the agreement is still valid regardless of the mistaken date placed within it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption