What to do if I purchased a car in colorado less than 60 days ago and am having problems?

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 29, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I purchased a car in colorado less than 60 days ago and am having problems?

I purchased a used car less than 60 days ago, “as is” and with no warranty, from a used car dealer. I noticed a coolant leak and took it to my mechanic. One repair turned into another repair and then my mechanic tells me I purchased it with a cracked engine block. He said it appeared to have had stop leak put into it and engine cleaned up to like a good deal. Do I have any recourse under the unfair and deceptive acts and practices law?

Asked on July 29, 2012 under General Practice, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written it appears that you have a cognizable case under common law fraud as well as the Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices Act against the used car dealer.

The key issue is for you to prove that the used car dealership knew that the engine block on the car that you purchased was cracked and that its poor condition was not disclosed to you before the purchase went through.

I suggest that you consult with an attorney that practices in the area of consumer law to further help you in your matter.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption