I purchase laundry machinerie from a business in Illinois and did not receive them. what are my options ?

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I purchase laundry machinerie from a business in Illinois and did not receive them. what are my options ?

I purchase Laundry equipment from a company in Illinois, made payment for the
equipment and now have not received the equipment and the seller will not take
my calls to discuss .

Asked on September 19, 2017 under Business Law, South Carolina


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 5 years ago | Contributor

You can sue the seller for breach of contract. You can seek damages (monetary compensation) for the amount you paid and any adverse consequences caused by the failure of the company to provide the laundry equipment.  For example, if your business is a laundromat and not receiving the equipment has resulted in lost income, that would be recoverable if you can prove lost income.
You are the plaintiff.  The company you are suing is the defendant.  A lawsuit can be filed in the state where the plaintiff resides or in the state where the defendant resides or in the state where the incident giving rise to the lawsuit occurred.
For convenience purposes, it would be advisable to file the lawsuit in your state.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption