I plan to move to tennesse after I pay my fine for dui. what do iI have to do in order to get my license reinstated?

UPDATED: May 27, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 27, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I plan to move to tennesse after I pay my fine for dui. what do iI have to do in order to get my license reinstated?

My 3rd dui (the last two were 29 years ago) I am on probation and after I pay my fine, I want to get driving again.

Asked on May 27, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


N. K., Member, Iowa and Illinois Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 12 years ago | Contributor

Take a look at the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles website regarding suspensions and revocations at: http://www.flhsmv.gov/ddl/help.html.

Here you will find all the different reasons why a license is suspended or revoked and what steps you must take to reinstate your license depending on your situation.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption