If Iown a mobile home and I’m being evicted off the lot, if they are only giving me10 days, is there any motionI can file to ask for more time?

UPDATED: Nov 7, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If Iown a mobile home and I’m being evicted off the lot, if they are only giving me10 days, is there any motionI can file to ask for more time?

I am desperately trying to not end up on the street. I paid $5,000 for my trailer and they’re only offering me $500 for it. I was less than $1,000 behind. I can’t move or sell it in 10 days. I need a little more time to sell it so that I can find a new home for me and my family. I don’t know what to do because I’m not that familiar with the laws on this matter.

Asked on November 7, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Florida


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

In most states the time period to end a lease by way of a termination notice is thirty (30) days unless there is an order of eviction setting forth a shorter time period. From what you have written I cannot tell if there is an order that you have to have the trailer off the lot you are writing about or not.

I suggest that you have a face to face meeting with the landlord about the best way to resolve the situation to give you time to move the trailer. Any agreement should be in writing. I suggest that you consult with a landlord tenant attorney further about the situation that you are in.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption