If I choked on paper that was left in my food, can I hold the restaurant for my doctor’s bills?

UPDATED: Sep 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 12, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I choked on paper that was left in my food, can I hold the restaurant for my doctor’s bills?

I ordered a sub from Wawa today and when I was eating it I started choking and almost passed out and hit my head pretty hard. Turns out they left paper between the cheese and when it was cooked binded with the cheese. I was on my way back to work and started having numbness and tingling in my left foot and left handl my vision is a little blurred in my lett eye. The doctor wanted me to go to the ER. Could the restaurant be responsible for my $70 doctor visit?

Asked on September 12, 2012 under Personal Injury, New Jersey


John Ducey / Law Offices of John G. Ducey,PC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

They could be.  Put a claim in.  If it is not paid you can try and sue them in small claims for the bill.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption