i need divorce how i can do i am in india right now so pl, tell me procedure and expenditure.thanks

UPDATED: May 13, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: May 13, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

i need divorce how i can do i am in india right now so pl, tell me procedure and expenditure.thanks

i married with african american and she is invisible last 5yrs, now iam in india i dont have her address and phone. now i want divorce so what i have to do pl, help me , i wait your reply

Asked on May 13, 2009 under Family Law, Illinois


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You may be able to get a no-fault divorce or divorce under abandonment in Illinois.  You need to call a lawyer in Illinois.  I don't know what the cost will be. It can be cheap if you don't need to divide assets.  If you need to find a divorce attorney, try www.attorneypages.com or the Illinois State Bar.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption