How do I find a pro bono attorney to take my bankruptcy case?

UPDATED: Jul 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 27, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How do I find a pro bono attorney to take my bankruptcy case?

I am single mother with 2 kids. I have been unemployed for 15 months. I am receiving NYS unemployment, however I only receive $322 per week. My rent is $1600, plus I have to pay my own utilities. I have denied from Social Services telling me I make too much money in Unemployment to receive services other than medical and food stamps to feed my kids. Please I am desperate need of a bankruptcy attorney to take on my case as a pro-bono case so I can get rid of all my outstanding debt?

Asked on July 27, 2011 New York


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

Sorry to hear about your situation.

You might want to try Legal Aid.  Another possibility might be to call your county or local bar association to inquire about pro- bono attorneys.  The county or local bar association might have a lawyer referral service.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption