What to do if Imoved out-of-state but have a pending DUI case in my former state of residence?

UPDATED: Sep 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 8, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if Imoved out-of-state but have a pending DUI case in my former state of residence?

Moved to NV; DUI in CO. I want to know what I should do? I don’t want to go back and get arrested for leaving.

Asked on September 8, 2011 under Criminal Law, Colorado


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you were arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance in the state of Colorado which has yet to be resolved as to criminal charges filed against you but have moved to Nevada, you will ultimately need to have the Colorado criminal proceeding resolved.

The best way to try and do this is to retain legal counsel in Colorado (assuming you do not presently have one) to assist you in trying to resolve the charges against you in a way you are willing to accept. By hiring legal counsel (criminal defense attorney) to represent you in the Colorado proceeding, you might not have to make as many criminal proceedings on your own. Your attorney can make them for you possibly.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption