If I missed my court date for communicating threats, what doI do?

UPDATED: Dec 5, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 5, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I missed my court date for communicating threats, what doI do?

It was last week I wrote the wrong date down.

Asked on December 5, 2011 under Criminal Law, North Carolina


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you missed your court date fir a criminal matter, most likely the court issued a bench warrant for your arrest. In order to resolve the situation, I suggest that you go to the criminal clerk's office and see if the court clerk can set a new date for your hearing based upon your excuse that you wrote down the hearing date incorrectly. Possibly the court clerk by setting your matter back on calendar can assist you in not having to wait before you are arrested on any outstanding bench warrant before a new hearing date is set.

In the interim, I suggest that you retain a criminal defense attorney to represent you in your matter before things get worse for you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption