What to do if I missed a traffic court date and a warrant was issued 7 months ago?

UPDATED: Oct 18, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I missed a traffic court date and a warrant was issued 7 months ago?

Now when i go look at the case it says, “Disposition 01/00 Count 001 No Fine”.

Asked on October 18, 2013 under Criminal Law, Illinois


Terence Fenelon / Law Offices of Terence Fenelon

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

You don't mention which county you were charged in.  All counties have their unique methods to record docket entries.  You could call the clerk of the court in the county in which you were charged and ask for an explanation.  You may have has a conviction entered, affecting your record in the future, with no other ramifications.

Many counties have a free or low cost referral network, usually maintained by a local bar association, to address issues such as yours.  You might want to investigate further.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption