I miss my court for last year and I was in Jail for 4 days and went court and was release on a SOB what is the outcome ?

UPDATED: Apr 12, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I miss my court for last year and I was in Jail for 4 days and went court and was release on a SOB what is the outcome ?

I was charge with 1st degree Forgery and was arrested and I went Pre-trail and the Judge set a $2000 Bond and I had to pay $200 but didn’t have the money and serve the time 17 to 20 Days in Jail at Bellwood Facility.Can anyone give me Advice to what is the best way to fight this or hire a Attorney that can take this case here in Atlanta Georgia my fund is gone I lost everything and now staying in a with someone; Help me before my next Court Date 04/08/2009.

Asked on April 12, 2009 under Criminal Law, Georgia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You may be entitled to a public defender (contact the public defender's office in your county).  Also try legal aid.  Not sure if legal aid takes such cases.

1. http://www.gpdsc.com/cpdsystem-office_locations.htm

2. http://www.atlantalegalaid.org/

3. Try attorneypages.com (maybe they can offer a free/low cost legal consultation for you).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption