I’m wondering how to acquire a grant or loan for the purchase of real estate.

UPDATED: Jul 7, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jul 7, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I’m wondering how to acquire a grant or loan for the purchase of real estate.

I’m currently poor and on disability, so I’m wondering if a special grant or loan might apply.Also, I’m considering a damaged property, to improve and sell it.Would a special grant or loan apply to that?

Asked on July 7, 2009 under Real Estate Law, Illinois


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

There are some programs to help the poor or disabled afford housing, it's for their primary residence only (so if you're thinking of an investment property, they would not apply). If you are are on disability, your contact at the disability office could probably help steer you in the right direction; you should also try contacting any organizations in your town or city that either provide services to or advocate for the poor or the disabled--they will also be good sources  of information. In addition, you should contact some of your local banks and ask their loan officers about any loan guarantees or subsidies or other programs to help the ppor.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption