What to do if I’m an active duty in the army and me and my wife were arrested for shoplifting?

UPDATED: Sep 26, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I’m an active duty in the army and me and my wife were arrested for shoplifting?

It was all a big mistake and mixup. My son had a jacket on he walked out with and there was a watch in the baby’s stroller. We were oblivious and totally forgot he was wearing it when we paid as alot of the time he likes to put the stuff on and wear it in the store and we will usually have the cashier scan the tag but we both just were oblivious to it. And The watch I took off the shelf to see if my wife would let me buy it. She of course didn’t want me to but I wasn’t ready to give up on it. My 5 year old son. The one with the jacket wanted to try it on so I took it off the plastic holder it was on; they come off so you can try them out.

Asked on September 26, 2013 under Criminal Law, Texas


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

Hello.You each are in need of attorney assistance. You also ought not post any details of your private criminal law issues on a public website. Please do turn to an attorney licensed in your state and she/he will be happy to assist you. The sorts of issues you describe tend to hinge on state law. Some attorneys are available seven days for emergency legal needs. Many attorneys will speak initially at no charge. Then, if legal work is performed, some attorneys will provide a reduced fee for financial hardship. Some attorneys may also assist you in a limited scope manner to conserve legal costs. All the best.



Tricia Dwyer, Esq & Associates PLLC

Phone: 612-296-9666

365 Days of the Year until 8 p.m. daily



Minnesota Law Firm

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption