If I’m 20 years old and just got an MIC, can be removed from my record and about how much would that cost?

UPDATED: Aug 12, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 12, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I’m 20 years old and just got an MIC, can be removed from my record and about how much would that cost?

This happened while hanging out with friends. We got pulled over because my friend was speeding. He’d had like 2 shots of vodka at least 6hrs prior to this and was sure he was good to drive. The rest of us had about 3 shots of vodka each right before leaving. Anyway the cop pulled him over and said he smelled alcohol so he had us each step out of the car and asked us if we had been drinking and we all confessed. He gave us all the citations without giving us a breathalyzer test, not even the driver. Furthermore, I leave for college in a week and am wondering if this will be allowed.

Asked on August 12, 2012 under Criminal Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

From what you have written with respect to the alcohol related misdemeanor action against you, you should consult with a criminal defense attorney to see what your legal options are. Possibly you might qualify for a "diversion" program where if successful under it the charge against you may be dismissed without having a conviction on your permanent record.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption