If I just purchased a foreclosure and the appraiser caught failed to find several problems with the property,what do I do?

UPDATED: Nov 16, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I just purchased a foreclosure and the appraiser caught failed to find several problems with the property,what do I do?

FHA appraiser failed to find problems with the roof, plumbing and bad wiring.

Asked on November 16, 2011 under Real Estate Law, Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If you purchased a foreclosure property at auction, and the FHA apraiser did not reference any structural problems with the property before the successful bid, you unfortunately have no recourse.

Whenever someone buys property at a foreclosure sale, they take the risk that there are problems with the property that no one has to disclose before the auction. As to the appraiser, the appraiser solely appraises the property and has no training, experience, knowledge or duty to find any structural or other problems with the home you bought at auction.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption