If I injured my back at work but my company won’t provide proof to my insurance company, what can I do?

UPDATED: Aug 14, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Aug 14, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I injured my back at work but my company won’t provide proof to my insurance company, what can I do?

I injured my back at work. I handled all the medical expenses out-of-pocket and through my insurance company. While undergoing treatment I wanted to file for short term disability but the company I work for refuses to show proof that I was injured at work.

Asked on August 14, 2012 under Employment Labor Law, Georgia


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

You need to take this matter higher up. Hire a workers' compensation attorney and immediately begin the process because it appears your work is trying to hide the claims it may need to pay out and it will impact its insurance policies and the like. You need to push for this through counsel because it appears they don't want to help you.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption