I hired a person to do remodeling work and he hasnt filled his end.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Oct 1, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I hired a person to do remodeling work and he hasnt filled his end.

I paid a man to remodel 2 bathroom and the
backsplash in the kitchen. He hasnt completed
the job. He was paid in full with the notation on
the check saying job was not completed. I
would like to settle out of court so I can
complete the jobs he didnt but not with him. I
dont trust him anymore.

Asked on March 16, 2018 under Business Law, Illinois


S.L,. Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 4 years ago | Contributor

To settle out of court with a person who is unreliable and whom you don't trust probably won't resolve the matter.
If you file a lawsuit for breach of contract, the case could still settle without going through the entire litigation process.
Since you don't know the man's address, you can have a process server do a skip trace to locate him so that he can be served with your summons and complaint (the complaint is the lawsuit).

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption