I haven’t reviewed my paycheck, is there anything I can do?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I haven’t reviewed my paycheck, is there anything I can do?

At my work I get paid every 15th and
30th of each month, but I haven’t
received it. My employer said he’d get
it to me the Wednesday of the following
week of the 15th of June. When I had
gotten laid off they told me they’d
ship it to me in the mail. This isn’t
the first time it’s happened and I’m 18
years of age so I’m not sure if this is
legal. Is there anything I can do?

Asked on June 27, 2016 under Employment Labor Law, Florida


M.D., Member, California and New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

In FL, there is no law that requires an employer to provide a former employee with their final paycheck immediately. That having been said, you should have received your paycheck on the next payday. If you did not, then contact your employer and request your check. If they are still not responsive, you may want to contact your state's department of labor. If necessary, you can sue your former employer in small claims court for your pay. 


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption