How canI fightsuppossed lease violations if they try to evict me?

UPDATED: Jul 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

How canI fightsuppossed lease violations if they try to evict me?

There have been disturbances and parties, not in my unit. I have received violations for these and they have not been me. I informed the landlord and they just say don’t do it anymore. I have received 3 violation notices for things that I did not do and one more and they say they can evict me. How do I fight this and have them remove the violations from my record?

Asked on July 27, 2011 Texas


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

You need to first read the terms of your written lease with the landlord assuming you have one. Its terms set forth the duties and obligations between you and the landlord. Specifically read any sections concerning violations of the lease and respond to the claims against you incorporating the language of the lease in written form on a letter to the landlord denying the alleged violations and the reasons for the denial.

Keep a copy of this letter to be sent to the landlord for future reference.

Specifically refer to the alleged violations and address the issues stating that a unit other than yours has committed the disturbances.

In the event you receive an eviction notice, you can either move on your own, or fight the eviction using your own documentation created beforehand.

Good luck.


IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption