I have no bean re-subpoenaed do I need to show?

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Sep 30, 2022Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have no bean re-subpoenaed do I need to show?

I was subpoenaed to give a statement
regarding an ex employer. The court date has
been postponed 3 times. The first two dates I
was served subpoenaes but for the new date
next week I have not been served. The states
attorney has called me about the case but I
have yet to actually be subpoenaed. I’m
supposed to be going on vacation the same
week and I really don’t want to go. So my
question is if I have been subpoenaed for
previous trial dates, but not the latest date can
a warrant still be issued if I do not show up?

Asked on July 5, 2016 under Criminal Law, Maryland


B.H.F., Member, Texas State Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 6 years ago | Contributor

You are only mandated to appear for court dates when you have been ordered to appear or subpoena'd to appear.  If neither of those things have happened, then you are not required to appear.  You only have to appear if you want to as a convenience for one of the parties.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption