What to do if I have lost my copy of my gym contract?

UPDATED: Nov 21, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Nov 21, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have lost my copy of my gym contract?

The gym had 24 hour access but now my key has stopped working. Talking to the manager is not helpful and often end up with threats. Is there a way to request a copy of my contract legally?

Asked on November 21, 2013 under General Practice, South Carolina


SJZ, Member, New York Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 9 years ago | Contributor

There is not specifically a way to get a copy of the contract per se. What you can do, if you believe the gym is violating the contract (e.g. not providing you the access you remember being entitled to) is to sue the gym for breach of contract, seeking monetary compensation for the breach; or you could file a lawsuit seeking a court order requiring them to give you the access, etc. to which you are entitled, but be advised that that kind of lawsuit, for injunctive relief (an "injunction" is a court order) cannot be brought in small claims court, but only in "regular" district or county court.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption