What to do if I have been unable to reach my lawyer to obtain a judge’s approval of an address changeso I had to move out of state without consent?

UPDATED: Dec 27, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Dec 27, 2011Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

What to do if I have been unable to reach my lawyer to obtain a judge’s approval of an address changeso I had to move out of state without consent?

I was released on an O.R. bond and one of the conditions states that a judge must approve an address change prior to moving. I have been unable to reach my court appointed lawyer for 2 months despite repeated attempts. I have moved out of state to come stay with family because I had no place to live in the state in which I was arrested. I am worried that a warrant will be issued for my arrest. How should I proceed?

Asked on December 27, 2011 under Criminal Law, Missouri


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

If your court appointed attorney has not responded to your inquiries as to obtaining a judge's approval so that you can move out of state with an address change, you need to continue calling, faxing and e mailing the lawyer as to the status of the request that you want.

Another option is for you to retain another attorney to do the task that you want done since you are making no headway with the attorney that you presently have. Another option would be to contact the state bar of the state where your current attorney is licensed to practice law and see what efforts it can do to get your attorney to be responsive to your inquiries.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption