If I have been charged with 2 counts of personal injury and reckless driving, what could I get it reduced to?

UPDATED: Oct 8, 2011

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

If I have been charged with 2 counts of personal injury and reckless driving, what could I get it reduced to?

While changing lanes I clipped a small smart car and they in turn hit 2 pedestrians. I am now charged with failure to yield, too fast for conditions, 2x personal injury and reckless driving. How do I get the felony charges reduced and what could the best outcome be for me. I have no criminal history, honorably discharged from the Navy and only 2 speeding tickets that have been off my record in the last 9 years.

Asked on October 8, 2011 under General Practice, Georgia


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 11 years ago | Contributor

The criminal charges against you for the automobile accident that you were involved in are quite serious charges in which a felony had been asserted against you, The best thing to do is to immediately consult with and retain a criminal defense attorney who is also experienced in personal injury matters (civil action) in that most likely there will be a civil lawsuit against you later on stemming from the accident.

You will need to have your criminal defense attorney try and negotiate the criminal charges against you to a lesser charge or charges where any jail time and fines/penalties would be reduced.

If you had automotive insurance at the time of the accident, if you have not advised your insurance carrier of the accident, you need to do so immediately.

Good luck.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption