I have a trafficing & sales charge is their a way to get probation?

UPDATED: Apr 18, 2009

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Apr 18, 2009Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have a trafficing & sales charge is their a way to get probation?

I am took an open plea to get out after being in jail for 5months to help the detectives , they are still trying to give me the three year mandatory . can i still get probation

Asked on April 18, 2009 under Criminal Law, Florida


MD, Member, California Bar / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 13 years ago | Contributor

You immediately need a lawyer -- Not sure why you are cooperating and not getting a plea bargain.  were you pressured into a plea?  Did the detectives lie to you? Or does the prosecutor insist on the max and mandatory?


If you do not have a public defender, try www.attorneypages.com and look for a criminal defense attorney in your state OR try legal aid in your state. 

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption