I have a subpoena to show up in court for my exbf’s 2nd TRO violation. What happens if I dont show up?

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Mar 16, 2012Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

I have a subpoena to show up in court for my exbf’s 2nd TRO violation. What happens if I dont show up?

Initially I filed a temporary restraining order against my ex-bf, but did not go to court hearing for extension regarding the TRO. The upcoming court date is for his 2nd violation. What are the chances of them dropping the case?

Asked on March 16, 2012 under Estate Planning, Hawaii


FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney / FreeAdvice Contributing Attorney

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

If you have been personally served with a subpoena to appear as a party with respect to the upcoming hearing for a temporary restraining order and fail to attend, the court very well could do the following:

1. rule against you and issue a restraining order to your detriment;

2. issue a bench warrant for your arrest due to your failure to appear;

3. both.

I suggest that you personally attend the upcoming hearing.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption