Do I need an attorney to modify a parenting agreement so I get child support?

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2013

Advertiser Disclosure

It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right legal decisions.

We strive to help you make confident insurance and legal decisions. Finding trusted and reliable insurance quotes and legal advice should be easy. This doesn’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own.

UPDATED: Jan 4, 2013Fact Checked

Get Legal Help Today

Compare Quotes From Top Companies and Save

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption

Do I need an attorney to modify a parenting agreement so I get child support?

I have a shared parenting agreement now where no 1 pays child support. However my ex has moved out of this city and I have my daughter most of the time.

Asked on January 4, 2013 under Family Law, Ohio


Tricia Dwyer / Tricia Dwyer Esq & Associates PLLC

Answered 10 years ago | Contributor

In Minnesota, in my legal work experience in the area of family law, definitely it is to your benefit to have attorney assistance when modifying legal matters in a situation as you describe.  Multiple concerns are raised in the situation you describe and I would discuss all with the client. I always consider people's finances in legal fee and all considerations and there are ways to minimize legal expense while offering you quality legal assistance and service. I recommend phoning several attorneys in choosing an attorney to assist you, because it is very important that you feel a sense of great trust with the attorney you choose.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.

Get Legal Help Today

Find the right lawyer for your legal issue.

secured lock Secured with SHA-256 Encryption